From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New USE=-native-symlinks for gcc-config and binutils-config
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 08:33:28
1 On Sun, 2020-05-24 at 20:15 +1200, Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > On Sat, 23 May 2020 22:41:02 -0400
3 > Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Could you please add this flag to package.use.force? I don't think we
6 >
7 > Sounds more like a case for package.use.stable.force or something.
8 >
9 > For non-stable, we don't give guarantees about well-supported, only
10 > that there will be bugs, and they should probably be reported.
11 >
12 > ( It doesn't tend to 'break' your system, it just makes upgrades fail,
13 > runtime itself seems unaffected in general )
14
15 If it creates an invalid environment that is known to break packages
16 and is not QA-sanctioned, it should be masked. Period.
19 Best regards,
20 Michał Górny