From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Staging 'einstalldocs' for EAPI 6
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 11:39:32
1 Dnia 2013-08-20, o godz. 13:01:34
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > Due to the widespread breakage in the tree noted in bug #480892 [1],
5 > and mis-design of multilib-minimal.eclass, we'd like to put some more
6 > work into getting einstalldocs() ready for EAPI 6.
7 >
8 > When it's mostly defined, we'd like to backport it to eutils.eclass so
9 > that we could use it to fix the existing breakages. But for that, we'd
10 > really prefer if we had a final spec for it so that the EAPI switch
11 > could be as simple as disabling the function in eutils.
12 [snip]
13
14 Since the Council has approved the final implementation written in this
15 thread, I have committed it into eutils.eclass now. Please test it,
16 and feel free to convert your eclasses to use it as soon as you confirm
17 that it works well for you.
20 Best regards,
21 Michał Górny