From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Lastrite: games-fps/openarena
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 16:38:57
1 On 5 March 2010 16:23, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
2 > I assume that only members of QA can actually step up and fix the problem.
3 > Otherwise the games heard will complain that random devs are touching their
4 > packages. I just assume that but I am not willing to step into their
5 > "territory" and this is why I asked permission to touch the bug ( see my last
6 > comment on the bug )
7
8 Obviously, if there is a nominal maintainer, you should contact him/her/them.
9 But in cases like this, where open bugs show low or no activity, there is
10 often no problem stepping on any toes. What I usually do is mail the
11 maintainer or herd to which it is assigned, and ask if there are any
12 objections to fixing it. If no objections are raised within a reasonable
13 timeframe (depending on the seriousness of the bug), I would go ahead.
14
15 Cheers,
16 --
17 Ben de Groot
18 Gentoo Linux developer (qt, media, lxde, desktop-misc)