From: "Piotr Jaroszyński" <peper@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flag documentation
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:07:38
1 On Monday 14 of January 2008 02:24:53 Mark Loeser wrote:
2 > Here is a newer revision of the GLEP. I still have multiple methods of
3 > solving this problem (mostly because I want and *need* input from people
4 > as to what they would prefer). Please tell me what you would want to
5 > use so I can come up with a more precise specification. What exactly do
6 > we need this system to do that we can't do now? Is overriding the USE
7 > flag with use.local.desc sufficient and we just need to document the
8 > current solution properly?
9 >
10 > Please...let me know how you feel about this.
11
12 Tbh, I don't have any issues with the current solution, but I may be missing
13 something. "Rationale" doesn't seem to help though, afaics it is just saying
14 that the current behaviour needs to be documented and fwiw PMS draft covers
15 this already:
16 http://dev.gentoo.org/~spb/pms.pdf - section 3.4.3
17
18 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/gleps/glep-0054.html
19
20 Please, don't use an already assigned GLEP number, it's a bit confusing. Note
21 that 55 is taken as well.
24 Best Regards,
25 Piotr Jaroszyński
26 --