From: David Nielsen <lovechild@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] linux-headers ebuild version.
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 20:34:58
1 I had countless problems getting stuff to compile against 2.5 because of
2 2.4 headers being present in /usr/lib - this madness has to end, is
3 there no sane solution to this crap, basically we risk breaking
4 something at near random when we upgrade the kernel just because some
5 header changed and some program makes an assumption that is wrong like a
6 struct that has changed - right?
7
8 we need a sane way to work around this - I remember Martin Schlemmer
9 once proposing a kernel API to make sure we always had a sane way of
10 working with the kernel without including kernel headers in userspace
11 which is the cause of many a problem.
12
13 - Lovechild
14