From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for September
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 13:55:58
1 On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 05:51 +0000, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > This is your monthly friendly reminder ! Same bat time (typically the
3 > 2nd Thursday once a month), same bat channel (#gentoo-council @
4 > irc.freenode.net) !
5 >
6 > If you have something you'd wish for us to chat about, maybe even
7 > vote on, let us know ! Simply reply to this e-mail for the whole
8 > Gentoo dev list to see.
9 >
10 > Keep in mind that every *re*submission to the council for review must
11 > first be sent to the gentoo-dev mailing list 7 days (minimum) before
12 > being submitted as an agenda item which itself occurs 7 days before the
13 > meeting. Simply put, the gentoo-dev mailing list must be notified at
14 > least 14 days before the meeting itself.
15 >
16 > For more info on the Gentoo Council, feel free to browse our homepage:
17 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/
18
19 I have a proposal for an agenda item.
20
21 I would like the council to decide on the removal of the requirement
22 that everything must come as an agenda item so they can be allowed to
23 make decisions in a timely manner, if necessary. Of course, with my
24 proposal, the council can always decide themselves that something is not
25 an emergency, and postpone decision, or even require that the item go
26 for discussion before a decision is made, but the current agenda
27 requirement blocks the ability for quick decisions.
28
29 Thanks,
32 Chris Gianelloni
33 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead