From: Alexey Shvetsov <alexxy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: cartesian product extension to keyword system
Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 13:38:25
1 В письме от 29 апреля 2013 15:43:03 пользователь Jeroen Roovers написал:
2 > On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 16:14:51 +0900
3 >
4 > heroxbd <heroxbd@g.o> wrote:
5 > > KEYWORDS="~hppa-hpux ~m68k-mint ~ppc-aix ~x64-solaris ~x86-interix["]
6 > >
7 > > KEYWORDS_ARCH="~alpha ~amd64 ~arm ~hppa ~ia64 ~m68k ~mips ~ppc ~ppc64
8 > > ~s390 ~sh ~sparc ~x86"
9 >
10 > Regardless of your chance of success in making the extra complexity
11 > manageable, I think moving the tradition KEYWORDS value to
12 > KEYWORDS_ARCH, and reusing KEYWORDS for something else , would
13 > needlessly increase the work required to "migrate" the portage tree.
14 >
15 > Why not leave KEYWORDS what it is right now, and expand/change its
16 > meaning using alternate variables so that you can (indefinitely)
17 > maintain backward compatibility?
18
19 Its not necessary. We simply may not define KEYWORDS but only define KEYWORDS_*
20 vars. So old package managers versions will treat that as we have empty
21 keywords
25 > jer
26 --
27 Best Regards,
28 Alexey 'Alexxy' Shvetsov
29 Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute, NRC Kurchatov Institute,
30 Gatchina, Russia
31 Department of Molecular and Radiation Biophysics
32 Gentoo Team Ru
33 Gentoo Linux Dev
34 mailto:alexxyum@×××××.com
35 mailto:alexxy@g.o