From: Tal Peer <coredumb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] (U)DEPEND: thoughts?
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:32:37
1 On Sunday 11 January 2004 14:24, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > On Sunday 11 January 2004 06:01, Spider wrote:
3 > > Separating UDEPEND only to get DEPEND more finegrained isn't a good
4 > > thing though. I really don't see the need for an extra thing just to
5 > > unpack but not to compile.
6 >
7 > I agree with Spider here, the only thing that I see as missing in the
8 > dependency scheme is a good way to specify optional runtime packages.
9 > (Packages that will be used if present, but that are not needed at compile
10 > time or installation time)
11
12 Not portage's job, imho. If you want the user to know about optional deps,
13 just add an einfo in pkg_postinst.
14
15 Tal
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list