From: Francesco Riosa <vivo75@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Functional portage with namespace
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 13:32:32
1 Il 17/03/2018 00:40, Kent Fredric ha scritto:
2 > On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 07:55:46 +0900
3 > Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Ha, indeed many packages hardwrites "date of build" alike. That is a
6 >> hard question to define reproducibility. I would rather ignore the
7 >> timestamps when comparing two binaries.
8 > If a hard-timestamp is to be used, assuming you have portage via git,
9 > then it might be desirable to hard-timestamp based on either:
10 >
11 > a) the timestamp of the specific ebuilds last change
12 > b) the timestamp of the most-recent-of specific ebuild+eclass's last change
13 > c) the timestamp of the specific ebuilds initial commit
14 d) for rsync users the timestamp of the repository, kept in metadata/,
15 the timestamp of last commit otherwise
16 >
17 > I'm not sure which one is more practical though.
18 >
19 > Sounds like it would be an "experts" tool which would become far more practical
20 > for people who are using custom overlays to maintain their production systems,
21 > and those people can naturally make guarantees about their repos being in git,
22 > and they can decide which of those 3 options ( well, the ones we
23 > provide at least ) are most suited to what they're doing.
24 >