From: Arthur Zamarin <arthurzam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Gokturk Yuksek <gokturk@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Developer: WANG Xuerui (xen0n)
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 07:01:04
1 On 19/03/2022 08.44, Gokturk Yuksek wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > It is my pleasure to announce the latest developer addition to our
5 > family: WANG Xuerui. Here is how he describes himself:
6 >
7 > "I'm a software developer from Shanghai, China, and a happy Gentoo user
8 > since 2011. Some of you may already know me via the loongson-overlay,
9 > ARCH=loong bringup patches, or the scattered MIPS bugs and patches over
10 > the years. I'm very glad to be able to join the Gentoo family and help
11 > making my favorite distro even better. I plan to first focus on bringing
12 > up ARCH=loong, generally improving the experience for Loongson hardware
13 > users, then use the expertise to help other ports as well. Hope my MIPS
14 > and RISC-V knowledge (and collection of hardware) will help!"
15 >
16 > We also reached out to his cat for comments and here is how his cat
17 > describes him:
18 >
19 > "Some humans describe Xuerui as a "multipotentialite", and he indeed has
20 > a diverse range of interests. When I am not utilizing the keyboard, he
21 > is allowed to lurk in various open-source projects and randomly review
22 > code/docs on the computer. When his services are no longer necessary, I
23 > allow him to enjoy playing rhythm games, attending live events, and
24 > hanging out with friends."
25 >
26 > Please give him a warm Gentoo welcome!
27
28 Welcome to the team. Happy to see you here in Gentoo.
29
30 First time I saw a cat describing a person, in that precise way. Your
31 cat is very smart and nice!
34 Arthur Zamarin
35 arthurzam@g.o
36 Gentoo Linux developer (Python, GURU, Arch Teams)

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature