From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@×××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] B0rken -r10 tbz2 installation image
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 17:01:30
1 Hi gang.
2
3 Either I'm daft (pretty high chance) or the -r10 iso and tbz2 images are
4 severly broken.
5
6 A lot of very central programs are missing: fdisk, mkswap, mke2fs,
7 mkreiserfs, are among them. If this is an oversight, it is so severe that
8 I recommend we make some kind of regression tests that all build images go
9 through before being released, to avoid problems such as these in the
10 future.
11
12 If, on the other hand, there is a "trick" going on here, it would be very
13 nice if it was documented in the installation guide (both the README file
14 and on our web site).
15
16 Again, I apologize if I'm the daft one here...
17
18 Kind regards,
19
20 Karl T