From: Olivier Crete <tester@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Glibc, non-glibc and external libs
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 23:20:48
1 On Thu, 2005-16-06 at 00:02 +0200, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > The problem with external libraries which are needed on non-glibc systems (not
3 > sure about uclibc) to have GNU-style functions is getting bigger.
4 >
5 > Not only we need to depend on gettext and libiconv, but there's now also
6 > another library, gnugetopt which provides getopt_long function non non-glibc
7 > systems.
8 >
9 > This is going to be a problem, because waiting for new virtuals for those will
10 > take a lot of time and Gentoo/FreeBSD is slowed down by this a lot.
11 >
12 > I'm asking for a quick solution because Gentoo/FreeBSD is proceeding well but
13 > this is hurting the possibility to have all the depends cleaned out.
14 >
15 > There are other solutions a part the new virtuals?
16
17 Why dont you just add them to the profile as system packages ?
20 Olivier Crête
21 tester@g.o
22 Gentoo Developer
23 x86 Security Liaison