From: Jason Zaman <perfinion@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Justin Lecher (jlec)" <jlec@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Indention in metadata.xml
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2015 08:10:56
1 On Sat, Jun 06, 2015 at 09:34:41AM +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Dnia 2015-06-06, o godz. 09:26:08
3 > "Justin Lecher (jlec)" <jlec@g.o> napisał(a):
4 >
5 > > Can we get an agreement on how we are indenting metadata.xml?
6 > >
7 > > I like to properly format and indent metadata.xml, but without having
8 > > an agreement or policy on the indention, I make unhappy by choosing
9 > > the wrong.
10 > >
11 > > The two options which are already suggested are
12 > >
13 > > * 2 spaces
14 > > * single tab
15 > >
16 > > So what should it be?
17 >
18 > A tab. With one-line element contents being inline, while multi-line in
19 > deeper indented block, i.e.:
20 >
21 > ...><maintainer>
22 > ...>...><name>Foo Bar</name>
23 > ...>...><email>bar@×××××××.com</email>
24 > ...></maintainer>
25 > ...><longdescription>
26 > ...>...>Some random text. Possibly spanning multiple lines.
27 > ...>...>Like this.
28 > ...></longdescription>
29
30 This one definitely. Tabs let people set the tabstop themselves and its
31 all easy. Can we get repoman to autoformat the xml files during a commit
32 too?
33
34 -- Jason