From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Happy 10th birthday (in advance)
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 10:07:35
1 On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 10:52:53AM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 12:44:03 +0300
3 > Alex Alexander <alex.alexander@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > @preserved-libs works very well and is awesome. hack or not. IMO it
5 > > should be in stable already. I've been using it on stable production
6 > > boxes for years without any issues :)
7 >
8 > ...and here we see the problem. You think that "I haven't noticed it
9 > break" means "it works".
10 >
11 > The problem with preserved-libs (and emerge --jobs, for that matter) is
12 > that the design is "I can think of a few ways where it might break, so
13 > I'll hard-code in special cases to handle those, but in general I
14 > can't think of what other problems there are so it's fine". That's a
15 > bad way of doing things.
16
17 Then don't use it. Reality is, gentoo does.
18
19 If you don't like that fact, I suggest you stick to exherbo.
20
21 Related, why the hell are you still even around here?
22
23 You literally send more mail to our dev ml then to exherbos.
24
25 I wouldn't care if it weren't the fact your gentoo dev posts
26 generally consist of "xyz is stupid, as is the people behind it"
27 whether it be portage, udev, council, etc, take your pick.
28
29 ~harring (being rather tired of the broken record).