From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for app-laptop/ibm-acpi
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 01:05:42
1 Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 12:36:53PM -0700, Drake Wyrm wrote:
3 > > Is Gentoo planning on eradicating the 2.4 kernel from the tree in the
4 > > next few weeks?
5 >
6 > What does that have to do with ibm-acpi? The module doesn't compile
7 > against linux-2.4.x anyways.
8
9 That's a different matter. I didn't realize that it was 2.6 _only_. My
10 apologies. I should have looked for that before responding.
11
12 Also: while there are still a couple of 2.6 kernels in the tree prior to
13 2.6.10, I'm going to speculate that the arm, sparc, and s390 crowds are
14 not so interested in that particular module.
17 I used to think romantic love was a neurosis shared by two, a supreme
18 foolishness. I no longer thought that. There's nothing foolish in
19 loving anyone. Thinking you'll be loved in return is what's foolish.
20 -- Rita Mae Brown