From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Slotted Lua + revdeps to be unmasked on Christmas Eve
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 01:15:45
1 On 12/23/20 6:18 PM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 >
3 > Using pkg-config has a related problem. If lua-5.1 is eselected and if
4 > the upstream build system runs $(pkg-config ... lua), it's going to get
5 > the information for lua-5.1, even if you're trying to build against
6 > lua-5.2. So, first I have to patch upstream to use pkg-config, and then
7 > I have to hack it in Gentoo to avoid using pkg-config.
8
9 Sorry, I was wrong about this. Patching the upstream build system to
10 support pkg-config does work if you use the eclasses.