From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] baselayout 1.12 and runlevel changes Was: init scripts and custom signals
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 08:23:14
1 Roy Marples posted <200601091232.32522.uberlord@g.o>, excerpted
2 below, on Mon, 09 Jan 2006 12:32:32 +0000:
3
4 > baelayout-1.12 is a bit more strict about things. If you ask something to
5 > --stop it stops regardless.
6
7 Creating a new subthread on a slightly different subtopic, tho still
8 initscripts/baselayout.
9
10 I've noticed that with baselayout-1.12 (not sure on <1.12 as I didn't
11 notice it, tho that might mean it's new behavior), changing runlevels
12 stops, then restarts, services that are in both runlevels. At least RH
13 style initscripts simply keep running services that exist in both the old
14 and new runlevels, as they aren't in the kill-list, only the start-list.
15 Is it intended behavior on Gentoo to force them to stop, only to restart
16 them on the new runlevel, when they exist in both?
17
18 If it's intended behavior, say so (an explanation of why, or pointing me
19 to the existing documentation that I've obviously missed, would of course
20 be nice as well =8^). If not, just tell me to file a bug and I will.
25 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
26 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list