From: christoph@×××××××.com
To: Charles Lacour <gentoo-dev@×××××××××.localdomain>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Generating a CD with all the sources?
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 00:14:56
1 On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Charles Lacour wrote:
2
3 > It should fit easily on the "minicd" or "noX" versions. Of course "it" is
4 > rather flexible. If you're talking about the bare bones of gentoo, it should
5 > only be 100 - 150 MB. If you add all the source tarballs for everything else
6 > on the CD, then the more you put on the CD the bigger the source will be. I'm
7 > pretty sure there's a "sweet spot" in there where you can have most of the
8 > functionality you'd expect, but still have a reasonable sized CD.
9
10 Ok. I took the minicd as a base and added all sources for building
11 mozilla, xfce, fluxbox. No binaries for X. Binaries prebuild for links
12 (GUI browser) and all other essentials. Also includes stage1 for 1.3b.
13
14 Will show up as g2source.iso on http://gentoo.org/~christoph soon. Might
15 take till tomorrow morning to finish uploading.