From: Ole Markus With <olemarkus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Revbumped php-ext-* eclasses
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 11:43:44
1 Hi all,
2
3 As a step towards minor version slotting of PHP, we need allow PHP
4 extensions to compile against multiple versions of PHP and the attached
5 eclasses allow for just that. In addition, there are numerous cleanups,
6 such as the merging of php-ext-base and php-ext-source, dropping
7 dependency on the depend.php eclass.
8
9 The eclass goes together with the minor version slotted ebuilds and an
10 eselect module that can currently be found in the gentoo overlay[1].
11 Once these revised eclasses have been accepted, the ebuilds and the
12 eselect module will enter the tree in a masked state and we will
13 gradually rewrite PHP extension ebuilds to support minor version slotting.
14
15 Since we want to use USE_EXPAND, adding these eclasses also involves
16 adding the PHP_TARGETS variable to USE_EXPAND.
17
18 The eclasses have mostly been revised by me, and I do not have that much
19 experience writing eclasses/ebuilds, so any comments are highly appreciated.
20
21 [1] http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/php.git
22
23 Cheers,