From: John Stalker <stalker@××××××××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] install options
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 08:11:12
As we begin to think about what 1.0 final will look like, I think we
should consider which install methods will be supported.  We already
get frequent questions on this list and gentoo-user about CD-less
installs, DSL installs, binary-only installs, etc.  Ultimately
I think it would be good to have something like what Debian does:
the install process separated into three or four phases, a few
options for each, and fairly clear documentation.  I would be willing
to do some work towards this end, but I would need a couple of things.
One is a clear idea of where we are going, i.e. what installation options
we want to support for 1.0 final and beyond, and also someone who is
willing to answer a few stupid questions about the current install process.
--
John Stalker
Department of Mathematics