From: Peter Johanson <latexer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Sources for the entire OS
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 00:48:41
1 On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 05:42:30PM -0700, Kaarthik Sivakumar wrote:
2 > Hi
3 >
4 > I am not sure if this is the right list. -dev is for developers in
5 > general or just developers working ON gentoo? If this is the wrong list
6 > please point me to the right one. Thanks.
7 >
8 > Is there a way to get the entire sources for all of the base OS, not
9 > just the kernel? Like in the BSDs, where under /usr/src you have the
10 > entire source for the entire OS that you can build and install and you
11 > will have a full OS. On my gentoo box, under /usr/src I only have the
12 > linux kernel sources. Thanks.
13
14 you can get the source *tarballs* placed into /usr/portage/distfiles by
15 doing something like "emerge -e world -f".
16
17 -pete
20 Peter Johanson
21 <latexer@g.o>