From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: Homer Parker <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re[2]: [gentoo-dev] Email subdomain
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 00:20:28
1 19.11.2005, 1:07:40, Homer Parker wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 23:29 +0000, Kurt Lieber wrote:
4 >> There is no technical reason why any of this is necessary and it
5 >> doesn't
6 >> provide any tangible benefits that I can see. If a user really wants
8 >> know someone's role within the project, they can go look it up on the
9 >> web
10 >> site.
11
12 > I'm guessing you didn't read the logs from the council meeting where it
13 > got stipulated that this be done. [1] I also apologize (again) for it
14 > hitting the list the day before it was to be voted on, and stated that
15 > it could wait if need be. Council seemed to be pleased with it enough to
16 > allow it to pass.
17
18 > [1] <http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20051013.txt>
19
20 > /me wanders off in search of his flameproof suit
23 Sorry, but the above does not make the thing any better than an *officially
24 approved* PITA. Does not really answer klieber's question at all, nor does it
25 answer the objections of other people expressed in this thread.
29 jakub