From: foser <foser@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flag for inet/daemon build ?
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 22:56:56
1 On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 18:02, Spider wrote:
2
3 > At one time I think we had an xinetd USE flag, but I'm not sure what
4 > happened to that....
5 >
6 > it would be nifty feature for builds to tag that as on/off and if on,
7 > at least install a working xinetd.d/<foo> service.
8 >
9 > This adds for more "out of the box" "things work" feeling
10
11 I think there was this whole discussion on this exact thing on -dev (?)
12 once and i think the general consensus back then was that it was not up
13 to Gentoo to provide optional support if it is not offered by the
14 upstream application itself or something. Someone dive into the archives
15 :)
16
17 - foser
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list