From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Assigning bugs back to bug-wranglers@
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 11:01:55
1 Gilles Dartiguelongue a écrit :
2 > Le lundi 30 juin 2008 à 13:33 -0700, Donnie Berkholz a écrit :
3 >> On 22:04 Mon 30 Jun , Gilles Dartiguelongue wrote:
4 >>> PS: I'd like to remind users reading here that assigning bugs directly
5 >>> is _bad_ if you didn't perform the above checks. It is _not_ ok to
6 >>> assign bugs just because you _think_ the package is owned by ${HERD}.
7 >> The standard user privileges don't allow assignment of bugs, only CC (at
8 >> least last time I checked).
9 >
10 > well either it changed or I ate something that makes me see funny things
11 > for some months :p They can't reassign existing bugs though.
12
13 Most problems Gilles and the rest of us have seen are due to people
14 selecting the "Gnome" component which defaults to gnome@g.o.
15
16 I'm really tempted to ask for the removal of the default email address
17 for that component as it's causing a lot of errors.
18
19 But this is moot if Robin's plan for automatic assignment goes forward
20 (which I sincerely hope it does!)
21
22 Cheers
23