From: Lisa Seelye <lisa@g.o>
To: "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@×××××××.net>
Cc: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage-ng question
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 22:04:35
1 On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 22:03, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
2 > As part of the upgrade to portage will there be tools that let us work with
3 > UNinstalled packages? There are tools now like qpk, epm, etc. but they have
4 > to have the package installed before you can get useful information and many
5 > times we don't want to install a package which might have oodles of
6 > dependencies installed with it.
7
8 Its probably a bit too early to discuss this sort of functionality.
11 Regards,
12 -Lisa
13 <Vix ulla tam iniqua pax, quin bello vel aequissimo sit potior>