From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Patches to update toolchain.eclass to EAPI=5
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 17:18:31
1 Am Samstag, 30. Dezember 2017, 13:22:52 CET schrieb Anthony G. Basile:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > We've been stuck on EAPI=4 with toolchain.eclass for a while. This is
5 > causing problems with subslotting libraries like mpfr, mpc, gmp and isl
6 > that gcc depend on (see bug #642316). I went through and made the
7 > changes necessary to get the eclass up to EAPI=5 and compile tested
8 > across the board (ie all dependent ebuilds) for amd64. Everything looks
9 > good, so please review and I'll commit if we're okay.
10
11 - confgcc+=( $(use_enable altivec) )
12 + in_iuse altivec && confgcc+=( $(use_enable altivec) )
13
14 ^ Just as an example, such a construct may change the "default setting" when
15 no altivec useflag exists...
16
17 Imagine that upstream enables altivec by default (?). In earlier eapis,
18 use_enable with a non-existing useflag returned --disable-altivec (?). Now,
19 without the useflag, no setting is passed to configure, and it's enabled.
20
21 So, while this all works in principle, it may need careful per-flag review.
24 Dr. Andreas K. Hüttel
25 tel. +49 151 241 67748 (mobile)
26 e-mail mail@×××××××××.de
27 http://www.akhuettel.de/