From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: app-portage/cfg-update
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 02:27:46
1 On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 4:36 PM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
2 > # Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> (01 Oct 2011)
3 > # Unmaintained. Plenty of open bugs ( 219892, 230183, 303199 ).
4 > # Replaced by dispatch-conf and/or etc-update
5 > # Masked for removal in 30 days.
6 > app-portage/cfg-update
7
8 If nobody else is interested I think I might take this one - I find it
9 handy. I forked a copy to github and merged in the patches from
10 portage, and will see about addressing the other two bugs (though from
11 what I can tell one seems rare and the other seems similar to a known
12 issue in dispatch-conf so they should be low-priority).
13
14 If there are other issues festering that I should be aware of before
15 keeping it around please let me know.
16
17 Not being a master of perl or portage hooks I'm not sure how much I'll
18 be able to extend it, but I can at least be responsive to bugs and
19 patches, and can make the decision to terminate it if it becomes
20 unmanageable. If anybody is interested in contributing to it (or
21 taking it over if you'll be more active) let me know.
22
23 Rich