From: Mounir Lamouri <volkmar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ACCEPT_PROPERTIES in portage trunk
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 22:17:16
1 Hi,
2
3 I would like to inform you in addition of ACCEPT_KEYWORDS and somewhat
4 new ACCEPT_LICENSE, portage now uses ACCEPT_PROPERTIES.
5 As for LICENSE, this var let the user mask some packages considering the
6 PROPERTIES line.
7
8 Contrary to ACCEPT_LICENSE, the default value is "*". This means every
9 PROPERTIES value will be accepted.
10 Actually, the only usage I know is for interactive: if you want to mask
11 interactive ebuilds, you will just have to set
12 ACCEPT_PROPERTIES="-interactive" then emerge/portage will consider the
13 ebuild is not visible.
14
15 You can also set /etc/portage/package.properties to have a per-package
16 configuration.
17
18 It was needed to fix a blocker for packagekit with interactive ebuilds.
19 So, it's a bit selfish ;)
20
21 Thanks,
22 Mounir