From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] qa last rites -- long list
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 11:50:04
1 150106 William Hubbs wrote:
2 > Many packages have been masked in the tree for months - years
3 > with no signs of fixes. I am particularly concerned
4 > about packages with known security vulnerabilities
5 > staying in the main tree masked. If people want to keep those packages,
6 > I don't want to stop them, but packages like this should be in an overlay,
7 > not the main tree.
8
9 -- snip --
10
11 > # Tavis Ormandy <taviso@g.o> (21 Mar 2006)
12 > # masked pending unresolved security issues #125902
13 > games-roguelike/nethack
14
15 -- snip --
16
17 This one is perfectly safe on a single-user system : please leave it there.
21 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
22 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
23 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca