From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Resignation (was: Project Sunrise resumed)
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 10:37:14
1 On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 12:02 +0200, Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 11:35:24AM +0200, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
3 > > Mike asked you repeatedly to voice your issues or concerns in relation
4 > > to Project Sunrise, which you failed to reply to.
5 >
6 > How many times are we supposed to raise our concerns about a project
7 > whose founders already agreed to run their project as an unofficial
8 > project on non-gentoo infrastructure? Did you miss the logs from the
9 > devrel + sunrise meeting where genstef and jokey agreed to this?
12 Apparently they changed their minds, as Mike did state (as well as
13 genstef) in that thread.
14
15 > I simply had no idea the Gentoo Council even remotely considered
16 > taking Project Sunrise on as an official project.
19 Err, I miss to comprehend above??? You saw the item on the meeting
20 agenda, made vague complaints, but yet did not know about this?
21
22 > > Also, I do not remember you even attending the meeting or asking to
23 > > speak there, so this really seems a tad unreasonable or impulsive.
24 >
25 > Same as above - had I known that you guys actually intended to revert
26 > your own ruling from the previous meeting along with the consensus
27 > reached on the devrel + sunrise meeting I would have been there to
28 > raise my concerns.
31 Ditto, same again as above. I cannot see how you can state you did not
32 know about it when you did actually complain about re-evaluating it.
33
34 > No big deal, though. Best of luck to all of you, including the people
35 > behind Project Sunrise.
38 Do not get me wrong, the little I worked with you was not unpleasant or
39 anything, and I really have no need or want to see you go, but your
40 reasoning just do not add up.
41
42 Anyhow, good luck whichever way you choose to go.
45 Regards,
48 Martin Schlemmer