From: Bob Miller <kbob@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo kernel patches
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 22:55:45
1 Rumi Szabolcs wrote:
2
3 > I was trying to figure out which patches are applied to the
4 > stock kernel for the various gentoo kernels, but in the
5 > "Gentoo Linux Kernel Guide" I couldn't find any details on
6 > that. I found a suspicious file in the kernel tree though:
7 > /usr/src/linux/patches.txt (xfs-sources) This one really
8 > seems like that what I'm looking for, but using Google & co
9 > I wasn't able to find anything that would confirm that.
10 > Can anybody provide me with some info on that?
11
12 To see exactly what patches are applied to a given set of kernel
13 sources (or any other ebuild) look at the src_unpack() function in the
14 ebuild file.
15
16 Patches.txt should be up to date, but the src_unpack() function
17 is authoritative.
20 Bob Miller K<bob>
21 kbobsoft software consulting
22 http://kbobsoft.com kbob@××××××××××.com