From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal for how to handle stable ebuilds
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 05:37:29
1 On 13:13 Mon 10 Nov , Mark Loeser wrote:
2 > Instead of addressing archs as being slackers or not, this addresses it
3 > as a more granular layer of looking at ebuilds. Thanks to Richard
4 > Freeman for the initial proposal that I based this off of. Please give me
5 > feedback on this proposal, if you think it sucks (preferably with an
6 > explanation why), or if you think it might work.
7
8 I'm not convinced why this needs to happen, because there's no reasoning
9 behind it here. There needs to be rationale for why this should happen
10 with pros and cons. dang mentioned a few pros from the maintainer side,
11 the arch team ones are pretty easy to come up with.
14 Thanks,
15 Donnie
16
17 Donnie Berkholz