From: Joshua Brindle <method@g.o>
To: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
Cc: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] turning off a default compile option
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 20:36:43
1 Greg KH wrote:
2
3 >On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 12:01:12PM -0400, Joshua Brindle wrote:
6 >>Now then, about LSM.. Capabilities are still hard coded into the kernel
7 >>if you do _NOT_ use LSM (ie: selinux).
11 >Um, SELinux uses LSM :)
15 right but not everyone in the audience is familiar with "LSM" nor is it
16 in the kernel Kconfig or anywhere they could figure it out easily
17 so, being nice, I gave an example of something that uses LSM
18
19 >>That means every single Linux kernel has capabilies enabled and
20 >>available.
24 >Not true at all, it's quite easy to build a kernel without capabilities
25 >enabled. Like, for example, if you choose to use my stupid little
26 >root-plug LSM kernel module.
29 You are right, and I got this correction earlier. In the first LSM
30 kernels capabilities were not totally removed from the kernel proper
31 into LSM and I (wrongly) thought this was still the case.
34 Joshua Brindle
37 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list