From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Gentoo and Github (Re: [gentoo-dev] Attracting developers (Re: Packages up for grabs...) )
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 16:35:25
1 On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On Sat, 2012-12-29 at 16:42 +0800, Ben de Groot wrote:
4 >>> On 27 December 2012 00:39, Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>> > Can we short cut the whole quiz process and have some "Inbound" repository
6 >>> > until we're full git, which people can fork/commit/pull and trusted people
7 >>> > can review submitted branches and apply them to CVS?
8 >>>
9 >>> This is why I started https://github.com/yngwin/proxy-maint/
10 >>> Feel free to send pull requests my way. I have been very busy lately
11 >>> with work, so I am a bit behind on my Gentoo stuff, but I should be back
12 >>> in full swing soon.
13 >>>
14 >>
15 >> Not to sidetrack the topic farther, but isn't this best done in our
16 >> github/gentoo account. It is one of the main reasons we have it, to
17 >> easily accept pull requests from users. It would also make it easier
18 >> for more devs to participate in a group proxy-maint repo.
19 >
20 > Certainly a sidetrack: I would like to point out that Github now
21 > supports "Organizations" as a semantic concept. I *highly* recommend
22 > using something like that over using an 'individual' account as an
23 > organization.
24 >
25 > I've been using Github "Organizations" in a private context, and it's
26 > been working extremely well.
27
28 Ugh. Apologies. I meant to change the subject line, spent a couple
29 minutes figuring out how to do it in GMail...and then forgot. :-|
30
31 Fixing...
34 :wq