From: Nicholas Wourms <nwourms@×××××××××.com>
To: Henti Smith <bain@×××××××.za>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo/MIPS: Anyone want to help?
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 21:27:16
1 Henti Smith wrote:
2 > On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 12:26:24 -0500
3 > Nicholas Wourms <nwourms@×××××××××.com> wrote:
6 >>A few days ago, I emailed Daniel asking if he'd be
7 >>interested in having someone develop a MIPS (32bit
8 >>bigendian) port of Gentoo. He gave me the go ahead, so I've
9 >>been working on it over the last few days. I've almost
10 >>finished getting a netboot and cd image prepared, after
11 >>which I plan to start working on ebuilds. So, I wanted to
12 >>test the waters and see if anyone with a MIPS box (not PS/2)
13 >>was interested in helping and/or testing this once I have it
14 >>ready.
17 > What boxes contain MIPS ? old SGI boxen ?
18 > If you have a list ... I'll see if I can get some boxes to play with
19 >
20 > Henti
23 Well the best supported ones are the:
24
25 DEC Decstations:
26 2100, codename PMAX
27 5000/xx (Personal DECstation), codename MAXine
28 5000/1xx, codename 3MIN
29 5000/200, codename 3MAX
30 5000/2x0, codename 3MAX+
31 5900/2x0 (identical to the 3MAX+).
32
33 SGI Indy
34
35 Some support but still somewhat experimental:
36
37 SGI Indigo2
38 SGI O2
39 SGI Origin 200 and 2000
40
41 There are others that might be supported, but probably not
42 very well. The are a bunch of embedded systems and such,
43 but we aren't really focusing on those at the moment.
44
45 Cheers,
46 Nicholas
50 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list