From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoostats, SoC 2011
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 02:12:42
1 On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 9:53 PM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
2 <jmbsvicetto@g.o> wrote:
3 > The point I was addressing is the suggestion that the above should be
4 > possible and the idea that any single developer is "entitled" to do so.
5
6 It's a moot point, because no one (that I see) claimed or is claiming
7 to be entitled to that. In fact, Alec said
8
9 > We did post to -dev, hence this thread. The point is that we don't
10 > need any 'official opinion' to do anything; and I don't want to set
11 > that precedent. If you have specific concerns about actions we plan
12 > to take (which by the way, we are not planning an opt-out solution.
13 > If we plan to do an opt-out solution, we will again have a thread on
14 > -dev) then let us know
15
16 He's not saying that no official opinion would be needed if they were
17 doing an opt-out. He's saying that they don't need an official opinion
18 *since* they aren't doing some sort of opt-out system.
19
20 Not your fault, but this whole thread regarding the
21 merits/legality/privacy of opt-out is completely irrelevant to the
22 original topic.
23
24 Matt