From: Richard Yao <ryao@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Rafael Goncalves Martins <rafaelmartins@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] udev-ng? (Was: Summary Council meeting Tuesday 13 November 2012)
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 23:34:29
1 On 11/18/2012 12:37 PM, Rafael Goncalves Martins wrote:
2 > On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Rafael Goncalves Martins
4 >> <rafaelmartins@g.o> wrote:
5 >>> Yeah, but I think that there's a big difference about any developer
6 >>> being allowed to create a project under the gentoo umbrella and create
7 >>> a project and claim it as Gentoo sponsored without any review of the
8 >>> council. I agree that it can exists in the Github account, or even in
9 >>> our own infrastructure, but say that Gentoo supports it without a
10 >>> previous analysis of the council is wrong IMHO.
11 >>
12 >> In practice there is no difference. About the only "sponsorship"
13 >> Gentoo projects get most of the time is hosting, and considering that
14 >> they stuck this one on Github they're not really even getting that.
15 >>
16 >> That said, I see no reason why this project would be any less eligible
17 >> for other forms of sponsorship than other projects are, assuming that
18 >> somebody can make a compelling pitch for the Trustees. The Foundation
19 >> is aimed to further Gentoo in particular in FOSS in general, so
20 >> obviously we don't spend a lot on individual projects. When we do it
21 >> tends to be in proportion to how it benefits the entire community, and
22 >> I'm sure that community sentiments would be balanced accordingly.
23 >> However, there aren't "real" projects and "wanna-be" projects in
24 >> Gentoo.
25 >>
26 >> Rich
29 > Hmm, pretty cool! Then I can create a stupid project, put it on gentoo
30 > infra and claim it as being Gentoo sponsored. Good to know, thanks!
33 Those are the rules. We checked before we started.