From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Chromium bundled code
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 09:39:06
1 On 4/30/12 7:42 PM, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 > ffmpeg upstream is not afraid of making API changes, so it has proven
3 > quite difficult to make chromium work with all versions on ffmpeg in
4 > portage, plus the bundled snapshot. When we were using the system lib,
5 > it would break nearly every time a new major version of chromium was
6 > forked.
7
8 Right. Eventually I'd like to create an ffmpeg compatibility layer in
9 Chromium, so that all Chromium-specific code would talk to it, and the
10 layer would know how to handle (at compile time) different versions of
11 ffmpeg.
12
13 Also, the browser binary should really just link directly to ffmpeg
14 libraries instead of using dlopen. I also plan to change that.