From: Matthias Maier <tamiko@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dealing with GitHub Pull Requests the easy way
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 14:39:52
1 > Therefore, we may indeed consider taking the DCO from the Linux source
2 > tree which is distributed under the GPL-2
3
4 I highly doubt that the DCO in the readme is licensed under GPL-2. There
5 is no readme/header, or other indicator stating this. Not everything in
6 the linux repository falls under GPL-2.
7
8 Thus, we simply blatantly violate the distribution terms:
9
10 »Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies of this
11 license document, but changing it is not allowed.«
15 Best,
16 Matthias