From: Ben Lutgens <blutgens@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 17:23:55
1 On Sun, Aug 05, 2001 at 03:39:04PM -0600, Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 >On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 10:27:44PM +0100, Rev. Brendan Murphy wrote:
3 >
4 >> Just a few questions :-
5 >>
6 >> 1. Problem with my isp cuts me off at regular intervals, so is
7 >> it posible to install gentoo by downloading the pkgs ect. install
8 >> scripts and install from a partition.
9
10 Your ISP sucks, get a new one. They are a dime a dozen and that sort of
11 "service" is very bad.
12
13 You could use prozilla or wget -c to grab the iso over several downloads.
14
15 >> 3. Why do all linux distros presume we are attatched to a
16 >> network via lan my computer is a standalone no network card.
17
18 Because linux is an operating system desinged to run on and support
19 networks.
22 Ben Lutgens
23 Sistina Software Inc.
24
25 What's the difference between root and God ?
26 God doesn't think that he is root.