From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Java 9 on Gentoo
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 03:43:10
1 On 17-11-16 15:17:15, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2 > Just as a heads up, pass it along. For anyone interested. It will be
3 > some time before Java 9 is available on Gentoo. It will take
4 > considerable work to get it unmasked and safe for use.
5 >
6 > Once in tree masked, it will likely be very painful for anyone who does
7 > unmask. You have been forewarned!!!
8 >
9 > NOT FUD!
10 > Constructive heads up as to the factual state of things. If
11 > you would like to see them change. Talk to Chewi/James Le Cuirot. He
12 > will need lots of help! Even with others I guestimate a month or more
13 > before it can be unmasked. Once its added to tree...
14 >
15 > --
16 > William L. Thomson Jr.
17
18 You seem to know a bit about this, has there been a bug made outlining
19 the troubles we will encounter as you know them? It's nice to have a
20 warning, but sounding alarmist without concrete help doesn't actually
21 help all that much.
24 Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)