From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Projects and simple guides
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:12:26
1 Lance Albertson wrote: [Tue Jan 10 2006, 12:00:03AM CST]
2 > What if instead of having proj/en we did herd/en on www? Of course, that
3 > doesn't help the whole "GuideXML is hard" bit. I like the idea of using
4 > RST, but it doesn't seem very scalable at this time. Maybe, instead of
5 > that, we created some kind of development site for herds (maybe
6 > herds.g.o). Could be a place where herds put up status updates, specific
7 > docs, draft docs, etc. Once things get established on that site, docs
8 > could get moved to GDP if it were logical to do.
9
10 As an aside, it's ciarnanm has already put work in on developing an RST to
11 guidexml converter, so I wouldn't worry too much about RST not scaling.
12
13 -g2boojum-.
14 --
15 Grant Goodyear
16 Gentoo Developer
17 g2boojum@g.o
18 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
19 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76