From: Jonathan Adamczewski <jadamcze@××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [soc] Python bindings for Paludis
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 02:50:39
1 Josh Saddler wrote:
2 > Just because we have Gentoo devs who are also Gnome upstream doesn't make their
3 > Gnome-related packages that happen to be in our tree official Gentoo
4 > projects
5
6 A Gentoo developer that is also a Gnome developer that wants to mentor a
7 project to better integrate Gentoo and Gnome (in some way) would be
8 appropriate. Just like the proposed Java-related projects are
9 appropriate - facilitating a better Gentoo/Java experience.
10
11 Paludis is a tool used for working with the Gentoo Portage tree - there
12 is no problem with it being part of a Gentoo Google Summer of Code
13 project as it will benefit the Gentoo project and its users.
16 > No third-party non-Gentoo SoC projects leeching off our organization
17 and resources, please.
18
19 You've got that backwards. This is a potential SoC student who wants to
20 *give* something to Gentoo (and Paludis). No one is leeching anything.
21
22 j.
23 --
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list