From: Joshua Baergen <joshuabaergen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Panda 3D licensing issues
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 23:55:14
1 On 6/18/05, Chris White <chriswhite@g.o> wrote:
2 > I was given a user submitted ebuild request for the package panda3d. However, upon reading the licesnse is it seems that it's one of those "sacrifice your newborn child and kill kittens" type licenses. Someone mind going over it and verifying I'm not totally lost there:
3 >
4 > http://panda3d.org/manual.php?page=license
5 >
6 > Thanks,
7 > Chris White
11 Ya, paragraph #4 is interesting, notably:
12
13 "An electronic copy of the source code for all modifications
14 made to the Software are to be forwarded to Licensor at
15 panda3d-owner@×××××××××××.com within 90 days of the date of the
16 modifications."
17
18 I didn't notice anything in the license that says they'll reject
19 changes. I bet they just want to benefit from the open-source
20 community without looking around themselves.
23 Joshua Baergen
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list