From: Troy Dack <troy@××××××.com>
To: Terje Kvernes <terjekv@××××××××.no>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: not valid {x}html (was Re: [gentoo-dev] www.gentoo.org and konqueror)
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 18:53:24
1 Quoting Terje Kvernes <terjekv@××××××××.no>:
2
3 <el snippo>
4
5 > fair enough, CSS (especially CSS2) can be _extremely_ tricky to
6 > render correctly. but if Konqueror is so utterly broken as it seems
7 > at times, maybe they should use Gecko. *sigh*
8
9 If you really want to you can use the gecko rendering engine as the html
10 renderer for kde.
11
12 I can't remember the exact details at the moment but I'm pretty sure there was
13 an ebuild that made the appropriate kpart.
14
15 Once you have the gecko engine as a kpart all you had to do was change the
16 embedded settings for .htm/.html files in the kde control panel thingy (Fila
17 Associations maybe?) and then your html would be displayed using the gecko
18 rendering engine.
19
20 I did use it for a while, just to prove to myself that it could be done, but
21 didn't really see the point.
22
23 I realise this doesn't help the konq rendering problems, but though I'd point it
24 out :)
27 Troy Dack
28
29 http://linuxserver.tkdack.com http://gentoo.tkdack.com