From: Deedra Waters <dmwaters@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] 2 new victims...err..devs:)
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 01:22:46
1 Hi all,
2
3 I have two new devs to introduce tonight...
4 I meant to send this out sooner, sorry.
5
6 Jan Kundrát (jkt) has come to join Gentoo to assist in documentation
7 translation. (This is jkt's first open source project)
10 I'm from Czech Republic, country in the middle of old Europe, and I'm
11 trying
13 maintain Czech translation of Gentoo docs.
14
15 I'm studying high school (gymnasium), where I like things like math,
16 physics,
17 sport and breaks :-).
18
19 I enjoy riding bike (mainly longer trips, not downhill riding), skiing
20 (both
21 downhill and running); I love mountains, so I spend considerable amount
22 of
23 my
24 free time hiking and backpacking with my friends when weather and other
25 factors
26 permit (not an issue as we don't care much about hailstones). I do enjoy
27 canoeing
28 (or how is that called - sailing on a river and sluices with a small
29 boat
30 for two
31 people, with baggage). And of course I also like going to pubs with
32 friends
33 and
34 chatting with them in the company of a good beer (Czech beer, of
35 course).
36
37 Ioannis Aslanidis (deathwing00)
38
39 Deathwing00 has come to join the gentoo team as a forums staff member.
40 Most of you have probably seen him in the forums and on irc already.:)
41
42 I was born in Drama, a northern town of Greece in 1983. I came to
43 Tarragona,
44 Spain with my parents in 1989 and I live in here since then. I usually
45 go on
46 summer holdays back to Greece to see my family.
47 I used to play basketball when I was younger and I still like it, though
48 I
49 rarely play...
50 As you have guessed, I am 22 years old and I need 1 more year to end my
51 5-year-degree, computer engineering at universitat rovira i virgili,
52 spain.
53 I've also done some research on Computer Science applied to Medicine
54 with a
55 successful result:
56 http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/~ley/db/indices/a-tree/a/Aslanidis:Ioanni
57 s.html
58 Now I am doing my final year project on quantum computation from which I
59 expect good results.
63 Deedra Waters - Gentoo developer relations, accessibility and infrastructure -
64 dmwaters@g.o
65 Gentoo linux: http://www.gentoo.org