From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] updated ebuilds
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 20:54:02
1 On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 09:47:13PM -0500, Ollie Rutherfurd wrote:
2
3 > I've also attached ebuilds for PyXML-0.6.5, and 4Suite-11.1b3. I think
4 > they're okay. I'm not really sure whether these two should be linked or not,
5 > as 4Suite overlays some of the files that are installed by PyXML.
6
7 If that's the case, it may be best to figure out the "optimal" Python XML setup
8 and combine PyXML-0.6.5 and 4Suite into a single ebuild. Then, you can ensure
9 that the "right" files win in the end. Otherwise, the result you get will be
10 dependent on the build ordering.
11
12 Another solution: have one ebuild DEPEND on the other. That way, one will always
13 get installed first. Didn't take a look at your ebuilds yet, so maybe you've done
14 this already. This is an easy thing to do since you just need to add about 20
15 characters to one of the ebuilds.
16
17 Best Regards,
20 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>