From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] linux-firmware (was: Re: Packages up for grabs due lack of time)
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 10:04:14
1 >>>>> On Sun, 17 Feb 2013, Rick \"Zero Chaos\" Farina wrote:
2
3 > I would be very happy to have the licensing issues fixed, it looks
4 > like it won't be fun, however I was originally told that redist was
5 > a required right for things to be added to linux-firmware at all so
6 > I fear a lot of things may be out of sync in the upstream package.
7
8 IIUC, they require new additions to be redistributable, but don't
9 remove old images if they're not. Which doesn't make sense.
10
11 You should consider mirror restriction for this package.
12
13 Ulrich