From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: qt.eclass
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 02:59:32
1 Caleb Tennis wrote:[Fri Jul 01 2005, 10:48:38AM EDT]
2 > On Friday 01 July 2005 08:56 am, Aron Griffis wrote:
3 > > How about this?
4 > >
5 > > ebuild:
6 > > DEPEND="some stuff"
7 > > qt_min_dep "3.3"
8 >
9 > How do you handle the ebuilds which use the qt use flag to determine whether
10 > or not that qt is a dependency?
11
12 Bah, good point. I knew it was too easy. :-)
13
14 It seems like at this point there is one good suggestion on the table
15 for an immediate fix: DEPEND="..." || die
16
17 Of course we all want more flexible DEPEND processing in portage, but
18 another avenue of research for somebody is to read the ebuilds (not
19 necessarily execute the functions) with "set -e". That doesn't solve
20 the problem quickly enough for you, since it requires a portage
21 change, but it would solve the general problem of calling functions
22 from strings (so long as you only call one!)
23
24 Regards,
25 Aron
28 Aron Griffis