From: Morgan Christiansson <mcn0816@×××××××.se>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] XFree86 problem
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 14:17:03
Hi, when installing gentoolinux rc3 i downloaded all of them bunzip'd
and un-tar'd them all onto an ext2 partition and configured as on the page.

To get XFree4 working i copied my RedHat 7 configuration file to
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4. It didn't find it but that's not important now
cause i specified with "startx -- -xf86config /etc/X11/XF86Config-4"

Well, at first it boot's up nice but after the mode switches and the
black&white checked background is supposed to show up it just shows a
black screen (but it's not powersave mode). Has anyone else experienced

I'm attaching /var/log/XFree86.0.log so you can see what happens. No
error's at the end.

I'm using a Creative GeForce 256.

I'd love to send you /var/log/XFree86.0.log but it got overwritten with
a "No screens found" error :(

Problably this is a XFree problem so i'll check the page for
more info.
Morgan Christiansson
Phorum Dev Team -
Making better forums with PHP